There are just a few things you need to keep in mind before submitting your private label rights (PLR) articles to online article directories.
Take a look at the quality of the PLR articles you have
Of course, the first thing to do is to make sure that the content you provide is well written and informative.
Grammatical or other kinds of mistakes that come from poor writing skills are going to drive readers (and thus your traffic) away faster than anything else you might do.
So go through your PLR articles, revise them to fit your marketing needs and edit them as needed. Make sure you correct all grammatical errors, fix all the typos, and rewrite where necessary.
Long article or short?
One question that plagues more article writers is whether they should submit long articles or short ones.
Article directories themselves insist on long articles. Long articles also help you rank well in the search engines, because search engines LOVE content.
On the other hand, long articles tend to lower your results in terms of getting click throughs from your article resource box. Very few people end up reaching the end of the article and reading your resource box, let alone click it.
So in the end it’s a balancing trick between trying to get higher search engine rankings and getting around people’s low attention spans.
Something like 300-400 words should keep both you and the article directories happy. If necessary, make changes to the article to get an optimum word count before you submit it to any article directory.
Rewrite the article before submitting
As you know, several people, sometimes even hundreds, have access to the same PLR article. Submitting them as-is to the article directories will get them rejected on account of duplicate content.
So all you need to do is rewrite the article a bit to make it unique. Here are a couple posts on this blog to help you with this task and achieve it quickly:
- Turn old PLR articles into fresh, new content in 10 minutes
- How to create unique content using PLR articles
Rewriting the articles will not only make them stand out, it will increase the chances of getting your article accepted in the article directories.
Add a resource box at the end
A byline or resource box is crucial to the success of your article marketing efforts.
Just add a few sentences about your website, and include a link back to it. Make sure the anchor text for the link uses keywords that are relevant to both the article and your website.
At a minimum, your resource box should contain these items:
- Your name
- Your website address
- 1-3 sentences describing you and your offer
- Your “call to action” (where you ask them to click on the link, or to buy, etc.)
The better your resource box is, the more results you will get out of your efforts.
Other tips and do’s and don’ts:
- Make sure you provide useful and accurate information in your articles.
- Your article should provide useful information, but not the “whole” information. It should only serve as a “teaser” to entice readers to click the link in your resource box and come to your website for the rest of the information.
- Avoid any hype or other useless information. This can only get your articles rejected by the article directory.
- After you’ve revised your PLR article and submitted it to article directories, look for ways to promote the article AND promote using the article to increase traffic to your web site.
- Look for other marketing means like using snippets of you articles on blogs and in forum posts, and tagging them in social networking sites as helpful resources for others.
- Don’t break the rules. Before you submit your PLR article to article directories, make sure that you meet their guidelines.
- Make sure that the articles you write are free of character errors (i.e. run your content through a text editor like Notepad first). This will make sure there are no funky or non-ASCII characters in your article text. This is important especially if the PLR article is in Word .doc format.
By taking these few steps, you’ll ensure that you are able to utilize all your PLR articles for your article marketing by submitting them to article directories. It pays to spend a little time to check these few things first when using PLR articles.